Sunday 18 August 2019

Fluid Neons - I've finally cracked it!

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm actually up to date with my nail blogging for the second post in a row - it's a miracle! The pictures I'm sharing today are of what's still on my nails, and will be till at least tomorrow evening. As you will have gathered from the title I'm sharing fluid nail art today, and I think I've finally cracked it! This is actually the second time I've cracked it, I did a cool grey, black and sparkly one with bright red triangles a couple of months ago, but unfortunately I dropped my phone and lost the pictures. I'm hoping that I can get them back still though so will share if I do. I've learnt that the trick is to press the stamper down quite quickly on the polish for the best effect, though it's a bit hit and miss so I create more decals than I need and pick the best ones.

To create this effect I made decals on my mini Uber Mat, by blobbing two or three nail polish colours in a nail outline, adding one Spot It polish and then quickly pressing it with a stamper. I love watching the bubbles appear and move around a bit after I've moved the stamper! I created 12 decals and chose the best ones from the selection, this meant less of the red polish in the end.

I've gone for quite a wacky range of colours, the whole Cirque Colors Vice 2019 collection and a couple of Dance Legend Spot It polishes for the fluid effect. I decided to go for something different on most nails colour wise, and am pleased I did but could also see the merit in keeping them the same, or sticking to the more pastely ones for a consistent look, as the fluid effect gives some variation anyway.

My favourites were the pastely ring and little finger nails on the top pictures and the index finger one with red on the bottom pictures. I know I've got lots of possible combinations here I could try again which is good as I love the fluid nail art look, I think it works particularly well with neons, it often reminds me of those marbling things we used to so at infant school with plastic trays. Must try that again some time!
Colours used: Vitamin D - Cirque Colors, Electric Daisy - Cirque Colors, Game Over - Cirque Colors, High Roller - Cirque Colors, Miami Dade - Cirque Colors, Rehab - Cirque Colors, Spot It Blue - Dance Legend, Spot It White - Dance Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment