Wednesday 27 May 2020

Sims Nails for the Holo Taco Challenge- Sul Sul!

Hi everyone - or should I say Sul Sul! Today I have some Sims themed nail art to share with you, and I believe sul sul is how the Sims say hello to each other, at least in the latest version of the game. I spent sooo much time on Sims 2 in my teens! I've played Sims 3 as well, and have Sims 4 on my laptop at the moment for some lock down entertainment. I haven't played it loads but I have made one family and have also been creating a replica of our house! I haven't done as much recently though as I've been getting out in the garden a bit more in the sun.

I've been contemplating doing some Sims nails for a little while, so when this weeks Holo Taco challenge theme came out as video games, I had to give it a go! I did these freehand for obvious reasons, and I think they could certainly be better, but it was good to get practising my freehand again. I could have done with a better brush I think, but I'm not going to blame the brush, I am very out of practise and not particularly good at painting as it is! Stamping is definitely my nail art go to.

I used a matte top coat under the nail art which makes it a little easier to paint. On my index and little finger nails I put 'sul sul' and 'dag dag' which are hello and goodbye in Simlish. It was quite tricky trying to do lettering with nail polish and my nail art brush! On my middle finger I did a basic house outline in blue, and on my ring finger a plumbob, as you can't have Sims nails without a plumbob! I then tried to do a little Sim version of myself. I was not expecting it to be good but it really is very basic! People are tricky! Dag dag! :D
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, King Tuts Gem - Jessica, Key Lime - Barry M, Charlotte Street - Nails Inc, Cocoa - Barry M, Lady In Black - Nails Inc

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. I have no idea about The Sims!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's good fun - but it does make time disappear!

      Delete