Monday 26 July 2021

Polka bubbles

Hi hi! It's been a slightly strange day and I'm glad to be in my PJ's writing a blog post! This is some nail art I did on Sunday and have been meaning to try for absolutely ages!  I saw Trunails275 on Instagram do these bubble effect nails absolutely ages ago and I was blown away! She included a brief description of how to do it so I had to give it a try.

I started with a dark blue base, and then on my Uber Mat mixed some white acrylic paint with water using a nail art brush. I then used my largest dotting tool to pick up some of the watery paint mix and apply it gently to my nails in spots. I then used a cotton bud (or q-tip if you're in the US) to gently remove the excess water from each bubble. This worked pretty well and once dry I used sharpies to add some colour to the bubbles, finally finishing off with a top coat to seal it in.

I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out even if they aren't quite as bubbly as the originals! I think the circles need to be a bit more 'wobbly' and perhaps a bit clearer as well. I reckon I should have used more water. Not bad for a first attempt though!

Colours used: My Car Has Navy-gation - OPI, White Acrylic Paint, Multiple Sharpies

2 comments: