Sunday 14 May 2023

Seal Print!

Hey space turtles! Today's nail art is an unconventional animal print look. I absolutely adore seals and after another trip to the Cornish Seal Sanctuary was inspired by their lovely little flanks to try some seal print nails. I really wasn't sure how they would come out but am very pleased!

I started with a base of pale grey and then created a gradient with medium grey and pale grey over the top. I then chose the most seal like image from Uber Chic's Warm Blooded animal print stamping plate and applied it over the top in dark grey. Before pressing the stamper onto my nails I used a dotting tool to remove some of the spots so they were a bit less dense. I finished the look with a glossy top coat. I was tempted to try a matte top coat over the top but asked for advice and people thought shiny was better as seals are shiny when they're wet.

I really love this - I wasn't sure how well it would work but I don't think it could have gone that much better. Some people even guessed what animal they were right away! (I thought it might be hard to guess as seals don't have the most distinctive pattern). I would love to do this celebration of seals look again!

Colours used: White Horse Street - Nails Inc, Grey - Barry M, Dragster - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment