Saturday 29 February 2020

Magnetic Galaxy

Happy leap year everybody! I hope you enjoy this mysterious extra day! I feel like the title of this blog post is perhaps a little too grand, but it kind of describes the look. Apologies if you were hoping for piles of glitter and fancy effects! The purple polish here is one I hadn't used before, Le 186 by Emily de Molly, and although it is a magnetic polish with streaks of gold you can't really see it in these pictures. To be honest you can't really see it that closely on my nails either, perhaps I didn't use it right but the effect wasn't that strong for me, but at this stage it might just be because I've had it on for a few days and I know the effect can fade a bit over time with magnetic polishes.

On the two nails on each hand I hadn't used the magnetic polish on, I started with a silver metallic polish, and then some linear holo over the top. I then used black stamping polish and images from the Negative Space: The Crack In Space plate from Maniology. I wanted to use one of the wider images with the big zig-zag through it, but my nails were just a tad too long.

Overall I quite like these but wasn't that inspired. My favourite is the ring finger in the top left picture. They did shine pretty nicely under bright light. The magnetic purple is pretty but I think I had super high expectations from Emily de Molly following some previous buys so I wasn't as wowed as I could have been!
Colours used: Le 186 - Emily de Molly, Silver Lining - Barry M,  Harp On It - Color Club, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: