Saturday 1 February 2020

Stars and Stars!

Hello everyone, hope you are having a good weekend :) Today I am sharing with you my first try of Nails Inc's Seeing Stars duo. I have had this one sitting around for a little while and finally wore it for an evening out at a law society dinner with my friend who works in law. I wanted something a special but fairly simple that would work with my dress (it was fitted, long and dark green with a bit of sparkle and sleeveless on one side).

The first polish in this duo is Get Discovered, a sheer pale pink which works well for the negative space trend that's big at the moment. I do like to have a bit of colour like this when doing a negative space type look as my nails are a bit yellow as they never get a break from all the nail polish! I used three layers of this to give it a bit more opacity but still keep it clear enough that you can see my nails underneath. I filed them down beforehand as I'm not sure that sort of look suits me much with more white space.

The second polish is Lost In Luna, which is a clear polish filled with little shiny gold stars. The stars are so cute but as expected they can catch a little on clothes, especially if you have quite curved nails like me, I struggled to get them to lie flat. In my case my previous nail art was sharp and a tad dangerous so this wasn't bad in comparison! It can be a little fiddly getting the stars out of the bottle, and then where you want them on your nails, but I really like the final look, and would definitely enjoy recreating this look in the future.
Colours used:

1 comment: