Saturday 20 March 2021

Three New Unicorns In Town

Hello world! Having been pretty good with my blogging for quite some time I seem to have got behind again, not sure how but never mind! I recently received a Holo Taco order which included their three new 'unicorn skin' toppers, and couldn't wait to try them out over a variety of colours. I've seen a few images or videos of them over black and white, and the blue and pink shades that were part of the collection. So I thought I'd give them a try over some other colours. Perhaps predictably they did look pretty similar over the colours I chose as they're all darker shades, but I still enjoyed seeing what they look like with different colours shining through.

I chose dark blue, purple and green as my base colours, and applied them alternately to my nails, with the one extra nail in black as I love how the unicorn skins look over black. I then applied each of the new Holo Taco shades over the blue/green/purple trio. On the black nail I used a sponge to attempt a gradient with all three unicorn skins. I say attempt as it really isn't a very well blended gradient! It did however give me a change to see just how intense the unicorn skins are when sponged on! I've included a picture of the thumbnail below.

From the second picture below the unicorn skins shown are Lunar, Sonic and then Galactic. Unfortunately I didn't realise how blurry the Lunar picture was until I'd edited and cropped them but I thought I'd keep it in anyway for consistency, you can see a clearer picture of the polish to the left. As expected I love these! The first unicorn skins wowed me and these three are just as spectacular!

Colours used: Watermelon - Barry M, Wigmore Street - Nails Inc, The Serpentine - Nails Inc, Lunar Unicorn Skin - Holo Taco, Sonic Unicorn Skin - Holo Taco, Galactiv Unicorn Skin - Holo Taco

2 comments: