Sunday 16 January 2022

A chill in the air

Hi everyone! I'm back so soon as I have more Glam Nails Challenge nail art to share. Today's prompt is icicles. This was a tricky one as there is one very obvious look (which I've chosen to do) but any more interesting ones I could think of seemed to difficult! I liked the idea of having icicles on the side of a house but wasn't sure how to portray that on my nails, especially with freehand not being my strongest technique.

I started with a peel off base coat followed by one layer of reflective gel polish (colours listed below the pictures). I was pleased to find it was a one coater! I'm not entirely keen on the texture of gel polish I usually end up with so after wiping off the tacky layer I added a regular topcoat which seemed to work fine. This kept it how I liked it till the next morning when I added the nail art. I used white polish and a striping brush to add the icicles and a little white polish at the base of my nails. Once dry I added another regular topcoat. 

This was a pretty straightforward look to create and although it could have been neater I like it! Sometimes the simple looks can be quite striking I think. Also loving the reflective sparkle of this polish! It was a Christmas present I was trying out for the first time.

Colours used: A Chill In The Air - UberChic Beauty, Neon Activator - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment