Saturday 15 January 2022

Fool's penguin!

Hello nail people! Some more winter nail art to share with you today. This is a delayed one for Wednesday's Glam Nails Challenge prompt which was penguins. The base colour is one that's been on my radar for a long time and received for Christmas, so am enjoying trying it out. Penguins are such a classic and cute winter nail art theme which I have a few stamping plate options for, so I did go back and forth s bit on what to do.

I started with a blue shimmery base and then added white snowflakes from Mo You London's Festive 02 stamping plate. Next I used their Noel 11 plate for the penguins. No decals required here, just a variety of shapes to layer up to create the penguins. I didn't add all of them as I thought adding the little hats and things would make it a bit too Christmassy. They look like cute tubby little penguins I think! I did realise once I got the second plate out that it also has snowflakes so I could have used those, but never mind.

I'm pleased with these, I like the fun base colour and what's not to like about penguin nails?! Only thing I'd change is maybe adding more to the scarf so you can tell that's what it is. Oh and the strange title of this post is from the nail polish name - as you may have guessed from the pictures!

Colours used: Fool's Gold - Picture Polish, Grey - Barry M, Watermelon - Barry M, Plum - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Beach Hut - Models Own

No comments:

Post a Comment