Tuesday 11 January 2022

Angling for a new year!

Hi all! In my family we like to use the phrase 'angling for' as in 'she was angling for some chocolate!' so I decided to name my blog post that way as it features an angler fish, I might be reaching a bit... So when deciding what to do for this nail art I suggested underwater theme and my partner suggested an angler fish. I didn't have any stamping plates for that but liked the idea so went ahead anyway! The nail art is extra new year nail art for the latest Holo Taco competition on Instagram which closes today.

I started with a peel off base followed by two generous coats of Holo Taco's Black Holo Wish from their latest Christmas collection. Got to have glitter for new year nails! Meanwhile, I created decals on my Uber Mat for the number and fish nails. I painted each one using a small brush onto some clear polish and then added more clear polish over the top, peeling off to stick on my nails once dry. Fiddly but easier than painting directly onto my nails! While creating them I had the idea to add some lights as well as I was already going for a glowing theme. I added light images from Uber Chic's Happy Christmas plate. I then added a quick dry topcoat, and once dry I added the colours using an assortment of Sharpies.

I do quite like these, they are so weird and random and sparkly! I like to think it's an angler fish in the darkest sparkly depths of the ocean hanging up some lights for new year - perhaps it can light them with it's own light? Pictures came out a bit mixed but I enjoyed a couple of new hand poses!

Colours used: Black Holo Wish - Holo Taco, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment