Sunday 9 January 2022

Snowy Snowy Snow Globe

Hey everyone! Back with some wintery nail art which feels appropriate in this frosty weather! I've had a really lovely weekend, with a lovely walk and nut roast yesterday and getting a good run in this morning before lunch with friends. It has however been pretty cold and frosty, but it's to be expected in January I suppose! So today's nail art is for the first two prompts for this months Glam Nails Challenge which has lots of lovely winter themes. It was a busy first week back at work so I didn't get round the the first theme which was snow globes, but it goes pretty well with today's theme (snowflakes) so all is well!

I started with a base of sheer blue polish (in various shades) on three of my nails and a couple of layers of pale pink on the other two. For the blue nails I added a snowflake between each next layer of sheer blue, with different numbers of layers depending how dark the polishes were. The stamping plate used was Mo You London's Noel 08. For my thumb and ring fingernail I made decals using my Uber Mat and Uber Chic's Happy Christmas stamping plate, you can see how here. Given the background is so pale I wonder if I should have done them in black, but never mind! 

Overall I'm not crazy about these, the snowflake nails are fun but the snow globes don't stand out that well. They're OK though, and I am enjoying the wintery vibes!
Colours used: Vintage Tee - Nails Inc, Cobalt Jelly - Cirque Colors, Indigo Jelly - Cirque Colors, Light Blue Jelly - Cirque Colors, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Cocoa - Barry M, Indigo - Barry M, Playing Koi - Essie, Diamond Glitter - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment