Friday 31 December 2021

A dream within a dream for new year

Hi everyone and happy new years for tomorrow! I'm getting my new year nail art blog post out today as it will be my 100th blog post in 2021! The most I've done in a year before is 99 so I feel the need to beat that this year! There has definitely been a lot more nail art from me since the pandemic started! So this year my new years nail art was left a little to the last minute and I couldn't decide which of my lovely new nail polishes to use! Last year I did two looks I loved so had a lot to live up to this year. I decided to keep it simple and just to some stamping directly onto my nails.

I started with my favourite base coat (Nails Inc Nail Kale) and then a layer of magnetic polish I was excited to receive for Christmas (colours listed below pictures). Once dry I added another layer and had fun with my magnet trying out different patterns on each nail. The patterns have spread out a bit now as I left it a while before top coating but I actually quite like that, gives it a bit of a crushed velvet look. Next I used Mo You London's Festive 05 stamping plate (a real go to!) to add festive images, the clock face is my favourite. Once dry I added a quick dry topcoat, and marvelled at the magnetic flare! I'm really glad I chose silver to stamp with, I think these were easy to do and came out just as planned :)

Now to get ready for this evening! Wishing you a fabulous new year!

Colours used: Dream Within A Dream - Cirque Colors, Foil Effects in Silver - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment