Wednesday 15 December 2021

Underneath the mistletoad!

Hello again! More Christmas nail art today of course! This look is one I didn't get round to trying last Christmas so am glad to do it this time! The Mo You London Noel 10 stamping plate features this strange and cute little Christmas toad image which is a definite winner for anyone who enjoys a pun! I used a few of the other images on this plate last year but ran out of time for this one.

I started with a base of dark green on three nails and ILNP's Christmas Cookie on the other two. Christmas Cookie is such a perfect base for Christmas nail art! I then used some metallic polishes and Mo You London's Holy Shapes 19 plate to create the plaid effect on the green nails. I went for a simplistic look but still managed to mess them up a bit with wonky lines! For the toad image I created a decal on my Uber Mat. It was a little fiddly but came out rather well I think! I'm enjoying this shimmering shade for the toad.

Overall I'm quite pleased with these. The tartan nails certainly could have been better and I think I should have used a slightly lighter green, but I really like the toad ones in the middle!

Colours used: Christmas Cookie - ILNP, Prince I've Been Gone - Cuccio, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Bright Lights - Barry M, Rain On Me - Barry M, Jolly My Roger - Painted Polish, Red Hot Rio - OPI, Emerald Green - Barry M, Cream Soda - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment