Tuesday 14 December 2021

Winter Spices & Christmas Vices

Hey everyone! Bit of  break from the Glam Nails Challenge posts as there are some more designs I want to try out and time always flies so fast at Christmas I never have time to do all the designs I think of! So this look is using a stamping plate I bought just after Christmas last year so haven't really got to use it yet, although it is wintery not just Christmassy so could probably have been used a little earlier. The plate is Mo You London's Noel 07.

I started with a base of off-white on three of my nails, dark green on one and gold on the other. I then stamped the wintery images onto the white nails in black and added some layers of gold glitter to the gold nail. Once the stamping was dry I added a top coat to protect it and smooth it out for the next step. I wasn't sure if I'd need to water the sharpie ink down but it turned out to be fine as it was, so I used the pens to colour in the images on my nails. Could have done with two shades of orange really but orange and yellow did the job I think! Once all was dry I finished off with a glossy top coat.

Once this look was complete I went straight out to a Christmas market and didn't take pictures till later. While I was putting wrapping paper away - disaster struck! Nail disaster that is... I caught my ring finger nail on the cupboard door and it snapped. Such a shame - right before Christmas too! It could be a lot worse, but it's a shame I didn't get some nice pictures before it happened, I had to patch up the nail polish at the end which it why it looks a bit lumpy. Otherwise I was pretty pleased with this look!

Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry M, TBC - Cuccio, Gold Digger - Barry M, Gold Glitter - Barry M, Chelsea Embankment - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Various Sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment