Thursday 22 December 2022

A Candy Cane Deer?

Hey space turtles! More Christmas nail art after a bit of a gap due to a wonderful pre-Christmas trip to Norway. I've wanted to use this little cartoon deer for a while and thought it would go well with festive red and a candy cane image. The candy cane stripes didn't really come out how I wanted but as a whole I like the look.

I started with a peel of base coat and then a couple of layers of cream polish on one nail and red on the others. I added a layer of red glitter over the red nails. For the deer and bells I created decals on my Uber Mat using Mo You London's Noel 15 stamping plate. For the candy cane nail I used their Holy Shapes 19 stamping plate and added the lines one by one. This was a bit fiddly and I didn't manage to get it very neat and even. I finished the look with a shiny top coat. I like this look though  I wish the candy cane part had come out better and I'd added more glitter!

Colours used: Dead Heat - Barry M, Kiss Me - Fun Lacquer, Cream Soda - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Cocoa - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment