Monday 20 February 2023

Hungry Like the Wolf

Hi space turtles! I have only called this blog post 'hungry like the wolf' as it is very much in my head as I look at this nail art! This look continues the Valentines Day theme of animals that mate for life - this time I chose grey wolves, I liked the idea of them howling to each other in the forest to find each other. I spend quite a while deciding what colour to do these and am really pleased with what I chose.

I started with a base of pale muted pink. Once dry I created a gradient using a sponge and the same pink, a slightly less muted pale pink (which created a lovely transition I think) and a medium pink. I then added a layer of magnetic silver nail polish for a sparkly effect which looked great in real life but you can't see that well in these pictures! Next I added images from Mo You London's Noel 06 stamping plate to depict a night sky, mountains, wolves and paw prints. To get the wolves facing each other I used the same image, but one was stamped directly onto my nail and for the other I made a decal. I think they do look slightly different even though they're the same image. Probably just to do with what's around them.

Really pleased with how these came out. My best gradient yet! Only bit I'm not so keen on is the thumb as I chose one shade of pink which is too bright, but at least the rest looks good!

Colours used: Pink Lemonade - Barry M, Acai Smoothie - Barry M, Essential White - Uber Chic Beauty, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Platinum Diamond - Fun Lacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment