Tuesday 28 February 2023

Tickedy Ted

Hey nail people/ space turtles! The inspiration for today's nail art is a little different... I was watching Mock the Week and the comedian James Acaster made a joke where he called Big Big 'Tickedy Ted the time telling b***h'. It rather ticked me, especially as I was reminded of it when I could see Big Ben out of the window when I was at work the next day! So I decided some more London nail art was due. It's also very fitting as I'll be in London for work tomorrow for the first time in a few weeks.

I started with a base coat and a couple of layers of deep green/black nail polish (which looks quite slate grey when matte). I then added London themed images from Mo You London's Scandi 01, 03 and 10 stamping plates with Tickedy Ted in the middle of course! Once dry I carefully added a top coat to avoid smudging the design and then added a matte top coat over the top. I have found in the past matte top coats have been quite bad for smudging nail art which is why I add another one underneath.

I'm loving the final result! Sometimes these quite simple designs can come out so well - probably because there is less that could go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment