Friday 1 July 2022

Mermaid Gradient - Mermaidient?

Hey space turtles (lets see if this sticks :D)! Some more sea themed nail art today after one of my last designs came out very dark so I decided to re-do them with something different. I have a trio of polishes from Native War Paints which are good for gradients and I haven't used for a few years so I thought it would be fun to get them out again. They're the only polishes I have from this brand (not sure if they still exist) as I had a bit of a nightmare getting them to the UK.

So I started with a base of magenta and then layered up a gradient with blue, purple and magenta. I did two layers of gradient on each nail and used a peel of barrier to protect my skin. I then cleaned up around my cuticles with a brush and some nail polish remover. I added mermaid images from Mo You London's lovely Atlantis 05 stamping plate in silver. I did these in the evening so didn't want to embark upon something like advanced/reverse stamping which would take longer.

I'm pleased with these and they look good with my space turtle nails (which I'm still wearing on the other hand). Glad I tried these polishes out again. They are still in good condition and do make a great gradient. Also as I've said many times, I love these Atlantis plates!!

Colours used: Officer Handsome -Native War Paints, Shot By Cupids Crossbow - Native War Paints, I'm Dating A Daredevil - Native War Paints, Foil Effects in Silver - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment