Friday 15 July 2022

Nostalgic Shells

Hey space turtles :) Next up in the series of Glam Nails Challenge catch ups is for the prompt 'shells'. I have many cool stamping plate options for shell images and decided to try this one from Uber Chic's Mermaid Life 02 plate. Having gone through a bit of a dark colours phase (I love dark colours but don't usually wear so many in the summer) I'm going for a neon look to balance it out!

I started with a base of peach and pink on my thumb and outer fingernails while leaving the middle two blank. I created decals on my Uber Mat for the middle two, colouring the shells with a selection of neons from the same collection. I made sure to add a pearlescent topper before the colours so it would show up when I added the images to my nails. I then added pearlescent topper to my other nails and once dry stamped the shell image on in white, finally adding the decals to my middle two nails.

I wasn't sure about these at first but now they are making me really nostalgic! I had a little sea themed necklace and bracelet with these pearlescent pastel shells on when I was a kid. They are certainly summery too!

Colours used: Bikini So Teeny - Wikkid Polish, Peachy Beachy - Wikkid Polish, Hello Sailor - Wikkid Polish, Joyful L'il Jellybean - Wikkid Polish, Jellyfish - Barry M, Angelfish - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment