Tuesday 9 August 2022

Disco Animal Print

Hey space turtles! Today's nail art is for the Glam Nails Challenge theme Animal. I had so many possible options for this but decided to do an animal print as I thought it would go well with a watercolour look and wanted to try that with my new Holo Taco topper. 

I started with a white base and then top coat, and added sharpie inc over the top, drawing directly onto my nails. I then used a wide brush and nail polish remover to blend the colours together and get the watercolour effect. I added a coat of Holo Taco's Reflective Taco and then stamped the animal print over the top from Uber Chic's Warm Blooded stamping plate.

I am pleased with how these came out however I'm not sure this is the best way to use the Reflective Taco. That or I have a dud. I really struggled to get the sparkle to show even in bright lights and not just on camera. I really like that it's a topper rather then dense glitter but perhaps for this reason it gets drowned out by the watercolour pattern underneath. I will try it over a darker colour and hopefully get better results.

Colours used: White Out - Nails Inc, Various Sharpies, Reflective Holo Taco - Holo Taco, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment