Tuesday 23 August 2022

Trees in the Mist

Hello space turtles! Today's nail art is inspired by my view when I was swimming in the lake near me on a cloudy day. I absolutely love wild swimming and while it's wonderful on sunny days I also enjoyed the view of all the trees in the mist. I've also added birds as we're sometimes joined by birds on the lake.

I started with a couple of layers of sheer white and then added the back row of trees from Mo You London's Noel 16 plate in green. I then added another layer of sheer white followed by some more trees at the front. Once dry I added clouds followed by birds and then a glossy top coat to finish.

I really like the inspiration for this one but it didn't come out as well as I'd hoped. I think there isn't enough contrast between the trees and the base looks a bit dull (although maybe it should since it's mist!). I think I would have benefited from a tinted base coat and maybe more layers of sheer polish between the trees and over the clouds, with the birds added at the end. Great stamping plate though so I look forward to using it again.

Colours used: Allure - Essie, Forrest Green - Mo You London, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment