Friday 19 August 2022

From Sunglasses to Nails

Hellooo space turtles! Today's nail art is one I've fancied doing for a little while - based on my sunglasses case! They are a pair of Kate Spade sunglasses and one half of the case is pink and the other racing green with some gold lettering on the pink. It's not a colour combination I would have imagined working but it does so I thought I'd use it for some nail art.

I started with a couple of coats of polish on the plan pink and green nails, then used a nail art brush to add a line in green down the middle of the half and half nails. I was then able to use the brushes from the bottles to carefully fill in the rest of the nail with two coats of polish. Once dry I added some images from Mo You London's Le Musee 04 stamping plate in gold. They definitely show up better over the green but still like nice over the pink I think.

Pretty pleased with how these came out. The only way I think i could have improved them would be to have used a slightly brighter pink the match the sunglasses case better. This is close but a little more pale and muted. I think it makes an interesting and sophisticated look :)

Colours used: British Racing Green - Butter London, Pink Lemonade - Barry M, Bright Lights (Liquid Chrome) - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment