Tuesday 13 July 2021

Holo Taco Anniversary Fun!

Hi again! This one was a bit of a nail fail but I think the amount of sparkle saves it! It's around the time of the nail polish brand Holo Taco's 2nd anniversary and they have done another nail art competition. I wasn't feeling particularly creative but thought I'd get the 1st anniversary collection out and try using some nail tape for some sparkly colourful nails.

I started with a base of navy blue (colours listed below pictures) and once dry I used some nail tape in diagonal lines on my nails to create sections. I then added some of each of the 1st anniversary Holo Taco's before peeling off the tape. It looked so fabulous with the tape on I was a bit disappointed when I peeled it off! This was partly because the blue polish wasn't quite dry enough so made a bit of a mess, but also because it removed an element of contrast from the look. I therefore added some silver lines to disguise the mess. This did make it look better but it's still pretty messy! 

Although these did not come out as planned I'm still enjoying wearing them because of the sheer gloriousness and sparkle of the Holo Taco 1st anniversary flakies!

Colours used: The Serpentine - Nails Inc, Purple Flakie Holo Taco, Blue Flakie Holo Taco, Gold Flakie Holo Taco, Dazzle - Orly

2 comments: