Wednesday 9 December 2020

Deck the halls with boughs of holly!

Hello all! More Glam Nails challenge today, this time the prompt is 'holly'. I decided to expand it to 'deck the halls with boughs of holly' from the classic Christmas song, which is what's behind the gold decorations. I really wanted an excuse to use them and thought it would work well over ILNP's Eclipse, which I am wearing here for the first time.

So I started with a base of Eclipse on all nails, and then stamped the gold images from Mo You London's Noel 09 stamping plate onto my middle two fingernails. For my thumb, index and little fingernails I used holly images from the same stamping plate and created decals, you can see how here. I used sparkly nail polish to help them stand out a bit as the base colour is so dark.

Overall I quite like these bit there are a few things I'm not so pleased with. Firstly the thumbnail chipped before I could take these pictures, which is probably due to the peel off base coat but they don't normally chip that soon! I do think it worked as a look but the holly did need to be in good lighting to stand out properly against the background (should have known really!). Lastly I am not enjoying how wrinkly my hands look taking these pictures out in the cold! I think next time I shall persevere with my lightbox if it's dark indoors!

Colours used: Eclipse - ILNP, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Say Love - ILNP, Secret - Fun Lacquer, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M

2 comments: