Wednesday 16 December 2020

Reindeer and their arctic friends!

Hey everyone! Super excited to share todays nail art with you as I'm really happy with how it came out. This look was a bit fiddly and took ages but it was so worth it - the little creatures are so cute! (if I do say so...). Today's Glam Nails Challenge prompt is reindeer. I have a new stamping plate from Mo You London (Noel 11) which has 8 animal layering images, so you can create the animals in their own little festive outfits! I decided to make today's reindeer prompt 'reindeer and friends' and added a few more arctic creatures to the look. I was particularly excited to try out the walrus image. Honestly not sure how I will bring myself to take these off!

I started with a base of ILNP's Christmas Cookie (full colour list below the pictures) and then got to work on the layered images. Often it is simpler using layered images as you don't have to wait for decals to dry and trim them down etc, but this one was a little more fiddly! This is because I was using so many different colours, so I had to keep swapping colours in and out and cleaning the stamping plate too. Still, it's a great way of creating images that I definitely couldn't do freehand! On the thumb I used some of the colours from my other nails to add snowflakes with images from the same plate.

So I totally love them! I pretty much followed the templates for these colour wise as it was my first time trying them, but I look forward to trying out some variations, particularly of the walrus image! I'm also keen to try the other animal images on the plate too, though these are my favourites.

Colours used: Christmas Cookie - ILNP, Indigo - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Grey - Barry, Red Hot Rio - OPI, Acai Smoothie - Barry M, Beach Hut - Models Own, Cappuccino - Barry M, Block Your Green - Rimmel, Cocoa - Barry M, Cyan Blue - Barry M

2 comments: