Sunday 20 December 2020

Wrap Those Nails!

Hey everyone, hope you're holding up OK with all this madness that's going on! I have more Christmas nail art to share with you today from the Glam Nails Challenge, today's prompt is wrapping paper. It's a great theme, and one I did a couple of years ago too (see here). It works perfectly for a skittle nail art look using different images that look like they could be wrapping paper! Previously I did it to use some stamping plate images I hadn't used before, and this year I used mostly images from my new Mo You London plates (Noel 9 and Noel 10 for this look).

I started with a variety of base colours, different ones on each nail. It's a bit miss-matched but I like how the final look came together. ILNP's Christmas Cookie is featuring in a lot of my Christmas nail art at the moment! For the panda's and penguins I created decals, you can see how here. The other images were stamped directly onto my nails. For the middle finger I picked up the image in one colour, and used a dotting tool to remove the bits I didn't need, then did the same again for the other parts of the image. The plates used were the MYL ones mentioned above, and Uber Chic Christmas 01.

I am overall pleased with these, they're good fun and were a great opportunity to try out some more of my new stamping plate images. Definitely the sort of theme I would do again. I like these more than my last try too!

Colours used: Madder - Cirque Colors, Christmas Cookie - ILNP, Aria - ILNP, NP 292 - Barry M, Emerald Green - Barry M, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M, Foil Effect in Silver - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, White Horse Street - Nails Inc, Floral Street - Nails Inc, Cocoa - Barry M, Watermelon - Barry M, Misery - ILNP

1 comment: