Sunday 6 December 2020

Dashing through the sky!

Hey everyone! More Christmas nail art to share with you today (of course!). This one is the second prompt in the Glam Nails Challenge for December 2020, the theme is 'Santa's sleigh'. I've done a sort of similar look to this before (see it here), which was good fun so I thought I'd try something similar.

I started with a base of blue (colours listed below the pictures), and then used silver nail polish to stamp the stars image over all of my nails. The image is taken from Mo You London's Noel 09 plate, and I love it so much that I didn't layer anything over it on my thumb, so I could appreciate it on it's own. For the Santa's sleigh images and the wording (Santa is here!) I stamped them onto my nails in white, and then layered gold over the top. This didn't work as well as I'd hoped, I think I layered them too directly over the top of them, rather than slightly off to get that layered effect. Also the gold nail polish ended up looking pretty similar to the silver stars.

Overall I quite like them. They could have been better, but I like them better than my previous attempt of this look, and am enjoying the festive vibes!

Colours used: Starry Night of the Summer - Fun Lacquer, Foil Effect in Silver - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M

2 comments: