Wednesday 23 December 2020

Rocking Around the Christmas Tree (Rex)

Rawwwwr hello! Hope you're all doing OK. things aren't great here in the UK at the moment as I'm sure you will know. I'm distracting myself with nail polish as usual! (and soon Christmas presents!). When I saw the images on Mo You London's new Noel 10 plate I just had to have it, and I knew right away I would be trying out this Christmas dinosaur look this year! Today's Glam Nails Challenge prompt is Christmas Tree, so I thought I'd use this as my moment to try the tree-rex look!

I started with a base of green on my ring fingernail and ILNP's Christmas Cookie on my other nails, it's such a perfect base for Christmas nail art! I stamped the lettering in gold directly onto the green nail, I had to try a few times as I always struggle to get lettering to come out nicely with stamping plates. For the other nails I used my Uber Mat to create some dino decals, you can see how here. I pretty much followed the same pattern as the example on the MYL website as it goes well together, and added some lights on the thumb from the same stamping plate.

I'm so happy with how these came out! I am intending to change my nail art again on Christmas Eve as I always do, but it will be a challenge to let go of this one, Maybe I shall have to keep it! I've had a few successful 'can't take them off' Christmas nail looks this year!

Colours used: Spring Green - Barry M, Christmas Cookie - ILNP, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M, Madder - Cirque Colors, Misery - ILNP, Aria - ILNP, Yellow - Barry M

2 comments:

  1. It is awful at the minute ain't it! :-(

    This mani is just amazing though :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! Hope you managed to have a good Christmas!
      Thank you :) Can't go wrong with dinosaurs!

      Delete