Saturday 25 September 2021

Deep In The Ocean

Hey everyone! I'm feeling a bit ill today - really hope it passes overnight as I have things to go to over the next couple of days! But I'm not so ill that I can do some blogging and play around with some nail polish :) As I've mentioned before I was super excited to receive some of the Mo You London Atlantis stamping plates. They are exactly my kind of thing! For today's nail art I'm using Atlantis 02 which is full of layering images. I have many ideas for this one but liked the idea of a dark sparkly ocean with the sea creatures standing out so decided to try that first.

I started with a base of black followed by shimmer (colours listed below the pictures). Once dry I started with the bottom layer of each image I'd chosen on the stamping plate, which I added in white on my nails so that the colours I then applied would stand out against the dark background. I then proceeded with the other colours, one nail at a time. These images were pretty easy to do, I was pleased with how easy they were to layer (although mine aren't perfectly layered, but not too bad I think!). My favourite is the clown fish, the colours worked so well. I'm really pleased with these overall and look forward to using this plate again!

Colours used: Lady In Black - OPI, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Papaya - Barry M, Passionfruit - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Seymour Walk - Nails Inc, Yellow - Barry M, Indigo - Barry M, Cream Soda - Barry M, Acai Smoothie - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M. Crystal Shimmer - Accessorise 

2 comments: