Thursday 30 September 2021

Tropical Animals in the Autumn

Well hello there! Slight nail fail to share today but it was a weekend of experimental nail art! I purchased three of ILNP's new autumn collection and thought Park Ave and Uptown would be good backgrounds for some tropical animal nail art, and that tropical animal nail art would be good for a baby shower I went to for my lovely friend Charlotte. I did intend to do gradients on each hand, also featuring the other shade I bought - Skyline. However this didn't work at all - not sure if the colours are too strong or it's the sponges I was using but it didn't work for me at all. You can see some extra silver on the thumbnails which I where I started my attempt. The sponges soaked up the colour pretty much just leaving silver glitter!

So, I proceeded with just a plain base of green and amber, they're good jungle colours as well as being good autumn colours I think. I then used gold and black stamping polish to add images from Mo You London's Enchanted 08 stamping plate. To add further difficulty my gold stamping polish ran out part way through so I was testing out alternative options! I think the black images came out a lot better. So I think these were a bit of a flop really, the gold didn't come out that well, the gradient didn't happen and I smudged one of the images too! They're OK though, I definitely prefer the amber hand, the images came out better and I'm enjoying the colour being a bit different to my usual shades.

Colours used: Park Ave - ILNP, Uptown - ILNP, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

2 comments: