Monday 6 September 2021

Terrazzo Tales

Hey everyone! Back with something that's not stamping for a change! I've seen a few people doing Terrazzo nail art recently on Instagram and thought I'd give it a go. I love that it can work with all sorts of colour combinations so went for a mixture of summery and autumnal colours as a sort of transitional nail art look. It's come out quite summery looking which is great as the warm weather has come out again here in the UK!

I started wish a base of off white (colours listed below the pictures). On a mini silicone mat I painted a line of each colour fairly thickly and left them to dry. Once dry I peeled them off and cut them into small pieces with some nail scissors, collecting them onto another mini mat. Next I painted a layer of clear nail polish (not quick drying) on my thumb nail and used tweezers to pick up pieces to apply. I followed this step for all other nails, one nail at a time, and then went back to my thumb nail as it was a bit more sparse than the others! It had to be careful not to dent the wet top coat too much with the tweezers but it worked pretty well.

To conclude, I really like these! I'm pleased with the colour combination and the look overall. It's really fun and I'd definitely try it again, the options are endless! I think in some of the others the pieces have been a little finer and neater but that will come with practise I'm sure. These are not bad for a first attempt I reckon!

Colours used: Cream Soda, Greenberry, Acai Smoothie, Watermelon, Gold Digger, Plum - All from Barry M

1 comment: