Sunday 26 September 2021

Look Out! Super Reflective Nail Polish!

Hey everyone! Something a bit different to my usual stamping nail art to show you today. I have recently purchased some of these reflective nail polishes which seem to be popping up everywhere at the moment and had loads of fun playing around with them yesterday afternoon! I've got a couple more to try but I wanted to share my thoughts about the ones I tried as it's so much fun trying something new!

I've been tempted by some reflective polishes I saw from Bow Polish for a little while but when Uber Chic brought theirs out with a sparkly deep red version I just had to have it as I thought it would be so perfect for Christmas parties (if we're lucky enough to have any this year). The Uber Chic reflective polishes are gels so I wore a peel off base coat underneath. I'm not very used to gel but this is my favourite one I've tried so for, I do love how shiny they come out!

In the first picture below you can see I'll Be Fireside lit by my ring light, this is how it looks in regular daylight and when you get it under bright lights or a phone torch is does this amazing twinkling thing which I just could not capture on camera... but it's insanely beautiful! It makes me think of the red carpet and paparazzi - very glamorous! The second picture is with flash - the glitter glare is insame! It's less likely to look like this while being worn unless very directly under a bright light, but the twinkly sparkly thing it does it better - trust me! I'm so in love with this polish, it's even better than I expected and absolutely perfect for a party.

Not long after I'd ordered my Uber Chic reflective nail polish to try Fun Lacquer brought out a whole collection! This time I didn't just choose one to try but three, I was so wowed by the pictures and videos I saw! I also know silver polishes are often the most sparkly so wanted to try it out. The Fun Lacquer Flash collection has four different reflective polishes which are available in regular or gel formula. I chose Flash Platinum, Flash Diamond Flake and Flash Gold Diamond Dust. The one featured in these pictures is Flash Platinum.

So as you can see from the pictures below...wow! These pictures are of course under flash, but under any bright lights these are amazing, I love the way they look textured almost as if there's some kind of diamond dust on my nails! In regular light they are still pretty sparkly, but more of a silvery grey colour. I can't wait to see what the Flake and Gold ones are like! This was also easier than I thought it would be to remove with regular nail polish remover, I didn't need to soak it.
I feel like this post is getting a bit long, but want to share one more thing! I was keen to see what this super sparkly nail polish would look with some stamping over it with the polish shining through. I used Uber Chic's Lovely Leaves 01 plate to create the below look, and I love it! Honestly these polishes are so gorgeous and I really look forward to doing full manicures with them :)
I've chosen some of the shiniest pictures for this blog post but also have a few video's which I will put on Instagram. TTFN!

2 comments: