Sunday 24 April 2022

Marble Marvel

Hello all and happy Sunday! I had an annoying start to the day but the afternoon and evening have been good! Today's nail art is for the Glam Nails Challenge prompt of marble. I decided to take it easy and go with a stamped look with a stamping plate I haven't used in a while. I decided to go for blue as I love it, but added a little gold to add some interest.

I started with a base of pale blue and then added the thin lined marble image from Mo You London's Explorer Collection 33 stamping plate an a slightly darker blue. I then added the thicker image in darker blue over the top on three of my nails. I tried to change the positions of it across my nails so it didn't look to uniform. On the ring finger and thumb nails I added the final image in gold instead. I followed up with a careful top coat to avoid smudges and then a matte top coat for the final effect.

I like these. Though they may not be as striking as the butterfly ones from my previous post they have a simple and stylish end result I think. I think the best marble nails are the hand painted ones but these are not a bad alternative and a lot quicker!

Polishes used: Borrowed & Blue - Essie, Bluebell - Barry M, Cobalt - Barry M, Bright Lights - Barry M, Matte Top Coat - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment