Friday 6 October 2017

If Autumn Was Purple...

Hello everyone, happy Friday! I've finally got onto the autumn nail art band wagon today with some falling leaves stamping with the UberChic Lovely Leaves 01 plate. I've wanted to use this falling leaves design for ages but I tend to have a huge back log of nail ideas! I started with a very pale grey with tiny shimmery flakies, and then stamped the tree images onto my thumb and ring finger nails.

I don't have a lot of autumn leaf type colours, I don't tend to go in for rust and mustard type shades, feeling a little tempted though given how many lovely autumn nail art designs I've seen recently! So with those leafy limitations I decided to go for another colour scheme using a plummy purple and reddish pink. I really liked the way it looked and think the colours worked nicely against the background. I'd recommend as a quick and easy design to do.
I've put the base colour below as I thought it was worthy of it's own picture! It's Paper Route from ILNP (other colours listed at the bottom of this post). To the right is a close up of a thumb nail tree (something that sounds utterly horrifying if you can't see the below picture... but hey Halloween is approaching!).
Colours used: Paper Route - ILNP, Cocoa - Barry M, Plum - Barry M, Pomegranate - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment