Saturday 14 October 2017

Leafy McLeafFace - An Autumnal Manicure

So I was having trouble thinking of a title for this, and good old Boaty McBoatFace came to mind! (Google it) I think you can probably guess straight away my theme for these is autumn! I bought an autumn stamping plate from UberChic last year and didn't get to use it that much so am trying to make up for it this year. That said, I'm running out of time before Halloween nail time. What with work trips away and the house move finally approaching I've been super busy!

I started with an off white base (colours listed below the pictures), and then stamped a leafy image across each nail with black stamping polish. As I don't have a lot in the way of autumnal shades of nail polish, I decided to use Sharpies. This is my second Sharpie manicure, and I have to say I love the technique! It's easy to do and you can do a lot with blending colours.

After protecting the images with a quick dry top coat, I picked some autumnal shades and scribbles them onto some foil. With each one I mixed a little nail polish remover using a nail art brush, and lightly painted it onto the leaves. A few of the colours you can't really see as they blended a bit. Once dry (which doesn't take long) I finished the design with a matte top coat. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out :)
Colours Used: Cream Soda - Barry M, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, Sharpies: Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green

No comments:

Post a Comment