Thursday 16 April 2020

Easter Reptile Nail Art

Hi everyone! I'm super excited to bring you this blog post today as it is something quite different for me, and took me on a bit of a nail adventure! Last weekend I did some Easter nail art which I entered into the Holo Taco nail art competition, and I had another Easter design I wanted to do this year which I thought I may as well enter as well. However I didn't want to take off my current nail art so had a bit of a dilemma. Some time ago I was painting false nails and selling them on eBay, and I still had some spare ones lying around, so I thought I'd give it a go so I could do the new nail art but still keep mine.

For this look I decided to try the Bring On Spring pastel neon collection from Wikkid Polish, a brand I haven't tried before. The formula is great and they are perfect for stamping too as the colours are so strong. I look forward to trying them on my natural nails! I used the Festive 58 and Animal 10 plates from Mo You London for the stamping. For the crocodiles and snakes I used the advanced stamping technique with my Uber Mat, you can see how here. Below the initial pictures you can see the full set of falsies I painted. The third picture also shows the nails balanced on my hand in the order I'd intended this look to be in. A big plus of the false nails was that I could play around with which ones to wear, as I felt some had come out better than others, and really love the crocodile and snake ones!

I think it's worth explaining my inspiration for this look too, as it is a little random! One Easter when I was maybe about 8, instead of traditional Easter eggs, my parents got us each a beanie baby (90's yeah!) sat on a bowl of mini eggs. Mine was a snake called Hissy who I still have to this day, but I believe she is at my parents house so unfortunately I can't share a picture of her. I'm sure you'll believe me she's cute though!

So, before this blog post gets way too wordy, I'll move on to the pro's and cons. I did find stamping on the false nails quite tricky. The main reason for that is that they were still on the plastic stick in the middle, but  taking them off would have made other parts of the nail painting trickier, I need some sort of false hand for them! I also wasn't so keen on the big pink thumbnail, just not very me but it fits the design I suppose. On the plus side however I loved that I could play around with them and look at different design combinations. I also enjoyed them being wider than my natural nails, as mine are quite narrow which leaves less room for nail art! Surprisingly I also enjoyed the novelty of the square shape. I didn't think it would suit me but it does. Doing it this way was great fun as it was a bit different, but after all that effort to keep my current nail art I kind of wish I could do both - maybe next time I'll have one look on each hand!
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Joyful Lil' Jellybean - Wikkid Polish, Bikini Bombshell - Wikkid Polish, Down At The Deep End - Wikkid Polish, Hello Sailor - Wikkid Polish, Peachy Beachy - Wikkid Polish

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say this is pretty damn amazing :-D Love it <3

    Good story about it and glad you still have Hissy :-D I have a few things from my childhood - a Santa my great-gran knitted the year I was born and a Paddington my dad got me - to be honest these 2 will probably go to the grave with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm pleased, thank you very much :) It was a great fun experiment!

      You're much better than me managing to keep it to two! I have a whole bunch of soft toys at my parents house, which so far I've managed not to be sent home with :D

      Delete