Tuesday 21 April 2020

Food At The Fun Fair

Hi everyone! Back with another entry to the Holo Taco nail art competition, this weeks theme is 'sweet tooth'. I don't have a lot of sweet images in stamping plates but I noticed there are some on the Uber Chic Carnival & Fair Time plate which I bought when it came out, I believe it was around a year ago, and still hadn't got round to trying! It was only a matter of time before I tried this plate this spring/summer as my boyfriend and I seem to have got really into watching YouTube videos about roller coasters at the moment, which is kind of ridiculous as neither of us are particularly into actually going on them - oh the joys of lock down! I've also been reminiscing about playing Roller Coaster Tycoon as a child, I loved that game!

So for this look I got the Wikkid Polish Bring On Spring collection out again, it was only fair it had a go on my real nails! I love how vibrant it makes it all look, I think the pink works especially well for the ice cream and candy floss, and it amuses me just how neon the popcorn is! I stamped the images on my ring finger and thumb nails directly onto my nails, and for the rest I used the advanced stamping technique, you can see how here. I finished off with a matte top coat to make the colours pop even more!

Before I go I think it's worth mentioning the thumb nails. The pink one came out really well, I love the circus tent image and how it stands out against the background. The yellow one I was expecting to prefer as it is such a bright neon yellow, however because of this the white stamping polish I initially used didn't really stand out. I also had loads of trouble getting this particular image to pick up from the stamping plate. So I tried going over it in black, but still had trouble with it picking up, and then smudged it with the top coat. leading to the rather horror movie-esque look you see below! That nail definitely lets the look down, but at least it's only my thumb!
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Bikini Bombshell - Wikkid Polish, My Mate Illuminate - Wikkid Polish, Joyful Lil Jellybean - Wikkid Polish, Hello Sailor - Wikkid Polish, Peachy Beachy - Wikkid Polish, Down At The Deep - Wikkid, Cappuccino - Barry M

2 comments: