Wednesday 26 April 2017

My favourite top and base coat

Hi nail people! I post lots of nail art and some reviews here and there, so thought I probably ought to mention the top coat and base coat the sit under (and above) it! For some time I've been OK with paying a little more for top and base coats as I use them so often and know I'll finish them. A few years ago, shortly after it came out, I discovered the nail kale base coat and Kensington Caviar top coat from Nails Inc and was so so pleased with them, I'm now on my third bottle of each!

Here are my thoughts on them:

Nail Kale base coat - This is just wonderful! It has quite a pleasant smell for a nail polish, and applies easily, with the wide tapered brush in the bottle. I found my nails were less stained while using this, it lasts well and dries fast. Can't see myself stopping using this any time soon! Price: £15

Kensington Caviar Top Coat - Another excellent product, I think good top coats are easier to find than good base coats, but this one is still above the others I've tried. It's easy to apply, quick dry and lasts well. It's good for using over stamped nail art, and always gives a super shiny glossy finish. Price: £15


So I haven't really used many other base coats since the discovering of Nail Kale, but I've ended up with a few other good top coats, so I've added some comments on them below. Kensingotn Caviar is still my favourite!

CND Vinylux Weekly Topcoat £12.96 - I got this one in a mail order nail box, and was very impressed with it. It was as good as Kensington caviar in terms of lasting, drying speed and shinyness. However the brush wasn't quite as good, and towards the end of the bottle it did go quite stringy.

Barry M Wet Set Quick Dry Topcoat £2.99 - This is absolutely phenomenal for such a good price! It dries quickly with a good finish, has a wide brush too. It's not as good for using over stamped nail art though and is perhaps a little less thick and glossy, still pretty shiny though!

No comments:

Post a Comment