Monday 26 March 2018

ILNP Spring 2018 Ultra Metallic Brights

Hey everyone! Today I'm excited to share with you my swatches of ILNP's Ultra Metallic Brights collection for Spring 2018. I already have some Easter ideas lined up for these so am looking forward to using them properly. The collection consists of 7 super shiny and bright metallic Polishes. ILNP also released two more collections at the same time, one of shimmery toppers and another with their spring col,ours, featuring some beautiful holographic glittery polishes as always. Toppers aren't as much my sort of thing, and I managed to resist their spring shades (we'll see how long that lasts!),  as I think 7 is probably enough to go on for now, and I was excited about the finish of these.

See below the pictures for my thoughts on each individual polish...
First up is Short Circuit, a shade I liked even more than I thought I would. This is a super shiny yellowy gold metallic, opaque in two coats. The colour reminds me of stars on Christmas cards. I was surprised at how well it suited my skin tone as I wasn't quite sure if it would.
Next is the gorgeous Sugar Coated, another one done in two coats (I did two coats for most of these, and I would say you may need three depending on how opaque you like it - two was fine for me). This one was pinker than I expected, I thought it might be a little more rose gold, but it is a really lovely shade.
Next up is Checkmate, a shimmering bronze metallic. I used two coats for this one as well. The shimmer comes out particularly  nicely in this polish. It reminds me of a slightly shinier version of Barry M's Bronze Bae from their original molten metals collection.
Next is Blueprint, one of the ones I was most excited to try. This one is a little more sheer, I used three coats in the pictures. The colour is super bright and eye catching, I always like blues and I think this one is quite spectacular!
Here we have another I was super excited to try, Hi-Fi. It's come out a little bright in the pictures, but it really reminds me of chocolate wrappers - a definite win for Easter nail art! I've been looking for this shade in creme for a long time (I think I've just about found it), but now I have it in metallic I think it's what I wanted all along!
Next is Love Me Not, a bright red metallic. I feel that this one is a little less shiny than the others (though still metallic) so you may need a top coat if you want super shiny nails. I used two coats for the pictures, and as you can see there is a little nail line on the one on the left, so would potentially use three coats in the future.
And finally, Funhouse, another of my initial favourites. This shade did not disappoint! It's so vibrant and bright. I think it will go well with Hi Fi and Blueprint for some very metallic nail art.

So there we have it! This is one of my longest review posts, so thank you for sticking around till the end! It's hard to choose favourites as their all so gorgeous, but I think Blueprint, Hi Fi and Funhouse are all stunning, they were my favourites in the bottle as well. That said, Sugar Coated is rather lovely too!

No comments:

Post a Comment