Monday 2 April 2018

Easter Monday - Chocolate Egg Nails

More Easter nails! I wasn't 100% sure on the wonky egg nails I blogged about yesterday, so have done some more! I had a lovely chilled Sunday morning doing nail art and creating an enormous spreadsheet of my nail polish (yes, it's got to that stage!). I've logged about 120 so far, it's going to take a lonngg time.

Usually I go for more pastely colours at Easter but loved the foil effect of these new metallic's from ILNP, and I think they make good Easter egg foil. So this design is basically like a close up of yesterdays, with the Easter eggs opened a little, I guess it's a depiction of the Easter weekend!

After applying my base coat I put some wide zig-zag stencils on my nails, and applied the metallic polish, before removing them. Once it had dried a bit I carefully added another layer, and then painted the ends in chocolate brown. Once dry, I added some spots using a dotting tool, and another layer of brown. I was just about done but my boyfriend suggested maybe I should add a little silver to make it look like the foil is peeling back. I'm so pleased he did as I think that makes it! Finally, I applied a top coat, and then  added some matte top coat over the brown part, as I wasn't sure how I felt about shiny chocolate...
Colours used: Cocoa - Barry M, Short Circuit - ILNP, Love Me Not - ILNP,  Checkmate - ILNP, Funhouse - ILNP, Blueprint - ILNP, Hi Fi - ILNP, Dazzle - Orly

No comments:

Post a Comment