Wednesday 23 January 2019

Norway Nail Art - Tromsø

Hey everyone! Somehow this is my first non-new year related nail art of this year! Due to work and being ill with winter bugs I had this on for two weeks and haven't had the chance to blog about it yet! I'm really pleased with this look and couldn't bring myself to take it off! (which was kind of a pain  as I had the new Fun Lacquer valentines collection to try!) I wanted to do something that captured our trip to Tromso in Norway for a long weekend in mid-December. It was a magical trip and I would highly recommend it! I did some nail art for our trip to Trondheim the previous year but it was a little more Christmassy, you can see it here. I'm enjoying the colours 
of this ones as blues, greens and glitter are definitely my kind of thing!

I decided to do different things on each hand as there were a few things I wanted to do, but kept the glitter and northern lights/mountain nails consistent on each hand as they are my favourite. On my left hand I made decals using the husky image from my Mo You London Enchanted 05 plate (see how here), and used an icey image from the same plate along with the whale tail from the Sailor 18 plate. I really love the Sailor 18 plate and can see it being used a lot more! On my right hand I used the reindeer image from the Enchanted 05 plate, ripples from Sailor 18 and a ferry image from the Sailor 01 plate (this was to represent the Hurtigruten, a cruise ship we saw and liked the name of!).

On my middle fingernails I used Magical (H) from Fun Lacquer which was a Christmas present from my parents, it is absolutely gorgeous! Might have made sense to use Northern Lights from the same collection but I think Magical (H) fits perfectly. On my thumb and ring fingernails I made decals using the mountain images from the Sailor 18 plate and the stars as well. For the northern lights effect under the stars I used a small piece of sponge and dabbed on some green polish mixed with white, followed by a brighter green. I wasn't sure how well it would work but it really did I think once it was all together! The inspiration for those nails was taken from the Mo You London website.

So, I've waffled on a bit here but for me this was a great start to 2019 in terms of my nail art! I hope you like them too :)
Colours used: Can't find my Czechbook - OPI, Magical (H) - Fun Lacquer, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, White Stamping Polish - Emily de Molly, Grey - Barry M, Cappuccino - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M, Laguna - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment