Tuesday 12 November 2019

Purple Magic - Post Halloween Nail Art

Hello world! It feels like I haven't blogged for ages! I've just had two lovely weekends away, the first for my birthday (went to the seaside!) and the second visiting my grandparents. For my birthday I wore a beautiful deep purple with multi coloured flakies which you can see on my Instagram. I followed that up with this magic themed look which I had been planning to wear for Halloween, but I loved my sugar skull ones so much I kept them on instead!

For this look I started with a base of Ava from ILNP, a polish I'd been meaning to try for ages, but somehow kept forgetting! For the images on my nails, excluding the snake, I used the advanced stamping technique to create decals on my Uber Mat. You can see how here. I used a gold outline and filled them in with some of the Barry M Under the Sea polishes. With hindsight I think I should have used a black outline for most of them. I thought that wouldn't stand out well enough against the purple, but the gold doesn't stand out too well against the iridescent polishes.

I used images from the Mo You London Crystal 01, Minimal 07 and Animal 15 plates, and the Uber Chic Woodland Chic and Wild Luxury: Cold Blooded plates. Some of the crystal images have little stars around them which I added to the mushroom images as well. Overall I'm pretty pleased with these though I will tweak them a little if I do them again.
Colours used: Ava - ILNP,  Foil Effects in Gold - Barry M, Peridot - Cirque Colors, Butterflyfish - Barry M, Jellyfish - Barry M, Moonfish - Barry M

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a nice birthday :-D Did you get plenty polishes? ;-D

    It certainly is a very magical mani! I absolutely love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it was really lovely. I didn't but I ordered plenty with my birthday money :D
      Thank you very much, I'm glad :D

      Delete