Sunday 19 January 2020

Subtle Floral Nail Art With Maud In Mind

Hey everyone - long time no speak! I haven't found the time to do a lot of nail art recently but I have this one and one more lined up to share with you. Today's nail art is a good work friendly look, or one for adding something extra to a dark wintery colour. I actually wore this to the funeral of my Great Aunt Maud as she liked the colour purple, though it did come out a bit darker than I anticipated. I think she preferred lighter shades. Auntie Maud was the most positive person I have ever known, always smiling and always grateful for what she had. I hope I can inherit those traits from her and will sorely miss going to visit her and having a good giggle!

I could go on but as this is my nail blog I'm going to say a little about how I achieved this look. I used the purple polish on most nails and silver for an accent nail on each hand (colours listed below images). For the design on the accent nail I used the Flower Power 23 stamping plate from Mo You London, and the advanced stamping technique using my Uber Mat. You can see how here. I chose black and white to keep it simple and am glad I did as I think it works well with the silver.
Colours used: Vintage Violet - Barry M,  Silver Lining - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Floral Street - Nails Inc

2 comments: