Friday 14 February 2020

Happy Valentines Day Love Bugs!

Happy Friday everyone, and Happy Valentines Day if you're celebrating it. I dithered a bit about what to do with my nails for it this year, I was tempted by those heart tip nails I've seen all over Instagram, with a bit of glitter, but then the idea of doing 'love bugs' popped into my head and and stuck! If I remember correctly ladybirds where the first nail art I ever painted on my nails, when I was a student. I'm not sure if I have any pictures but I reckon these ones are neater!

I started with a base of shimmering pinky red. Party In Rio from Colors by Llarowe was a colour I bought around Christmas time a few years ago but was pinker than I expected. It wasn't quite right for Christmas but works perfectly for Valentines Day! I then applied black nail polish across the tops of my nails, a bit like a large french tip. They weren't quite as neat as I intended but not too bad! I used a striping brush for the lines down the middle, and then dotting tools for the eyes and the spots. I'm enjoying wearing red nail polish again and the cuteness of these, I don't think they need to be perfectly even. This is about as far as my freehand skills go!
Colours used: Party In Rio - Colors by Llarowe, Lady In Black - OPI, Floral Street - Nails Inc

2 comments: