Saturday 8 February 2020

An Alpine View On My Nails

Hello everyone and happy Saturday! I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Something fairly simple to share with you today, and something that is for once still on my nails! Not too long ago I saw themermaidpolish on Instagram use this alpine image in dark blue over light blue and it looked sooo good! I had always thought of using it filled in with colour, and hadn't tried it out yet, but after seeing that I thought I'd give it a go with just the outline as well. The image is from the Bundle Monster clairestelle8 plate which I love.

I started with a base of Chateau by ILNP which was an untried polish for me, and I think the french name kind of fits with the alpine scenes too. It was a little darker than I expected but pretty. I then used white stamping polish to apply the image across my four finger nails on each hand, the image is well sized to fit four nails I think. For my thumbnail I used the snowflake image from Mo You London's Noel 06 plate which I've used a few times, it's a good one for combining with things.

I was pleased with the way it turned out though I don't think it's as expertly done as the ones by themermaidpolish. You do have to have a proper look to see that it's an alpine scene (and I have to keep my hands still!) but it's not necessarily a bad thing. It seems very fitting for all the ski holidays I'm seeing on Instagram at the moment! I love the look of the snow and the mountains and snuggness but I don't fancy taking to the slopes myself!
Colours used: Chateau - ILNP, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: