Wednesday 13 May 2020

A Turtle Nail Illusion

Hi everyone. I'm back with another Holo Taco weekly competition prompt, this weeks is Optical Illusion. I certainly wasn't expecting this one and it caused me to leave my comfort zone of  stamping! My boyfriend suggested I do something where I paint my nails the same as their background so they blend in. I also had some other ideas so did something else on by other hand, which I will post next, but I liked his idea best.

We did some thinking about the subject and chose this cardboard turtle which was part of a birthday card. I started with a base of Barry M's Mani Mask, to make my nails look a bit nicer underneath if there were any gaps in the green polish. Turned out there were no gaps, but it was a really good smooth base for painting on. I used a small nail art brush to paint the colours onto my nails, trying my best to line up with the pattern on the turtle. It's not perfect but I'm quite pleased with it, as it came out neater than I expected it to! I didn't quite have the right shades but I had enough of a range. Unfortunately I wasn't very good at lining up my middle finger in the pictures! I finished of with a matte top coat to try and match the turtle a bit more, and there we have it! It looks like quite an unusual earthy manicure on it's own!
Colours used: Key Lime - Barry M, Green Park - Nails Inc, British Racing Green - Butter London, Spring Green - Barry M, Basil Street - Nails Inc, Cappuccino - Barry M, Cocoa - Barry M, Laguna - Barry M

2 comments: