Friday 6 November 2020

A birthday nail fail!

So I'm behind with blogging again! Not too far behind to be fair but I haven't been behind for a while and I'm doing a lot of nail art at the moment! Todays nail art is a bit of a nail fail but I wanted to share it anyway as it was still kind of fun, and I enjoyed trying out something I hadn't tried before. It was my 30th birthday on Tuesday and I had the day off and wanted to spend the entire morning doing some nail art, using techniques I hadn't used or had rarely used. On my left hand I wanted to create a firework look as they're something I associate with my birthday for obvious reasons!

I started with a base of Black Rainbow, which is a gorgeous flakie thermal polish which is black in cooler temperatures and cream when warmer. On all but my ring fingernail I stamped firework images from the Mo You London Festive 05 stamping plate, using my 'sticky stamping' nail polish, which is designed to stay sticky so you can apply things like chrome powder for longer before it dries. On my ring finger I added the number 30 with the Mo You London Typography 04 plate in black, so that it would be hidden when cold and appear when warm.

On the firework nails I used a few different chrome powders which I rubbed over the designs, and dusted away the excess as much as possible. Some of these worked better than others, but I found it kind of stuck to the whole nail in some cases. I did use a quick dry top coat underneath with plenty of time to dry, so hoped it wouldn't be too sticky but I guess it was! The thumb came out best I think.

As it didn't come out that well you'll see I haven't even cleaned up in one of my pictures below, but I don't mind too much as I enjoyed doing them, and some recent Halloween nail art Id been planning for ages went well - you can't win them all!

Colours used: Black Rainbow - Fancy Gloss, Sticky Stamping - Dance Legend, Chrome Powders, various - eBay

2 comments: