Sunday 29 November 2020

Cirque Colors No Tools Nail Art - Amethyst & Shibori

Hey everyone! One last blog post before the Christmas nail art begins! Last weekend I decided to have a play around with my Cirque Colors no tools nail art sets for the first time. This is the second time Cirque have released nail art sets consisting of sheer polishes which can be layered to create an overall look. I was tempted the first time but didn't go for it, this time though they had blue and purple options so I had to give it a try! Each set consists of three sheer polishes, I followed Kelli Marissa's tutorials for my first attempt.

Overall I don't think mine came out great, but they're OK and it was my first try! The first three pictures are of the Amethyst set. I layered this up in various ways to try and get the overall effect of Amethyst stones. I think some came out better than others, but I was a little too neat around the edges and probably didn't blend them well enough. I will try it again and try to improve and I also like the idea of using some thin lines of rose gold to the look too.

The next three pictures are of the Shibori set. To be honest I've never heard of Shibori! I think this look came out a little better but could have still been a better! I did miss a few little bits at the sides which made it look a bit like they were chipped, I think I can improve on this one quite easily though. Underneath these looks I tried out a new base coat which I was delighted to win as part of a Halloween nail art competition on the Rainbow Connection Facebook group! I've included my thoughts on it and a picture below the nail art pictures.


On the left here is the Polished For Days Soft Focus base coat I used underneath this look. It's designed to blur the natural colour of the nail so the white tips are less obvious underneath nail polish, so it's particularly good for sheer looks like this. I used two coats before applying the colours, you can see this on the left.

The application was good and it definitely covered up the white part of my nail once the sheer colours were added too. I think it did possibly make the look a little darker but I can't be sure as I haven't tried it with any other base coat!

2 comments: