Wednesday 2 December 2020

Candy Cane Lane

Hello all and happy December! I can't believe we're here already, this year is going weirdly fast! What I also can't believe is that I haven't started the Christmas nail art early this year, we even put the tree up on Sunday, I guess I just had so many other things I wanted to try in November. I'm back to doing the Glam Nails Challenge again for this month, I honestly never anticipated I'd enjoy it this much and even end up doing it for December! As always I have a huge list of Christmas nail art ideas which I won't be able to complete, but some of these tie in well with the glam nails challenge themes so I'm going to give it a go.

For this look I started with a base of Misery by ILNP, which seems like such a bizarre choice for a Christmas look given the name! I think it has a nice cosy vibe to it though and I wanted to try it out as it's a new one. I used the advanced stamping technique to create a variety of decals on my Uber Mat (see how here). The cottages and snowman are from Mo You London's Noel 01 stamping plate, and the reindeer and candy cane's are from Noel 09 - one of this years releases. I layered up the candy canes over the cottages and reindeer, after being inspired by a couple of houses I saw in the local area with their Christmas lights up. There seems to be a bit of a candy cane theme this year, and one of the houses was a beautiful cottage too.

I'm pleased with how these turned out. Not my favourite Christmas nail art I've ever done but I do rather like it! I called this look 'Candy Cane Lane' after the song by Sia which gets in my head frequently while wearing this nail art!

Colours used: Misery - ILNP, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Spring Green - Barry M, Red Hot Rio - OPI, Indigo - Barry M, Cappuccino - Barry M, White Moonstone - Barry M

2 comments:

  1. Amazing nails, I always like the Christmas manis :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, it's such a great time of year for nail art!

      Delete