Friday 25 June 2021

Snazzy Sea Creatures!

Today's nail art was inspired by some I saw by Hanninator on Instagram. She used the newest UberChic mermaid stamping plate to add some cute sea creatures to her nails over their new blue nail polish. The look made me feel nostalgic as it reminded me of some of those inflatable armbands we used to have as kids! I decided I had to have a go at creating something similar with my UberChic Just Beachy plate as it has some great layered sea creature images too (layered stamping I mean - not layered sea creatures! :D)

I started with a blue base of High Tide from ILNP as this was my most similar nail polish to the shade Hanninator used. It was lovely to try it out again, it's so rare these days that I put the same colour on all nails! Next I used some well pigmented nail polish colours (all listed below the pictures) to add the sea creature colours, and then black stamping polish to add the outlines. After doing the jellyfish I realised (should have know really!) that the colours wouldn't stand out well enough on their own over the blue so I stamped the image underneath in white first for the others.

Overall I'm really pleased with these! They're cute and fun and were great to wear for a trip to Brighton, felt very appropriate when I was swimming in the sea!

Colours used: High Tide - ILNP, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Pink Lemonade - Barry M, Red Hot Rio - OPI, Papaya - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, Watermelon - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

2 comments: